As most of us already know, these Lenny and Larry’s cookies are good. This has ultimately led to widespread complete cookie addiction across the land. I have found myself craving these delectable morsels on a daily basis which ultimately led me to my most recent predicament.
Hard Cookies? WTF?!
After consuming an unspeakable amount of these cookies, I finally decided to take my addiction to another level by purchasing a 12 pack. At this point I was overly excited because 1) I saved money by buying in bulk and 2) I had a week’s supply of lenny and larry’s. So as I tear into the box and see 12 glorious cookies wrapped in pristine condition I eagerly open my first cookie. I immediately noticed something was off, the color wasn’t the golden goodness I was used to, they were more of a brown color. Shortly after noticing the color I realized the firmness of the cookie and it reminded more of a hockey puck than the cookies I was used to.
So what Was I to DO?
At this point I was faced with a dilemma: toss the box, crunch my way through them or come up with a solution. I like to think of myself as a ingenuitive so I decided to develop a solution for this unfortunate situation. While it took me a few times trying to get it perfected I was finally able to concoct a fix. At first I thought, why not just through the thing in the microwave, so I did that and it resulted in a hot hockey puck. The next try I added a damp paper towel under the cookie while microwaving and the result was slightly better but still wasn’t where I wanted it. Upon the third try was when I struck gold, a series of simple yet effective actions that would make the rest of these cookies into a treat that tasted fresh out of the oven. While I am no culinary expert, I immediatly realized this was one of the more meaningful discoveries of my life so I decided a video was needed.
Lenny and larrys cookie fix
If you don’t have time for the video on this lenny & larrys breakthrough, her is the breakdown of how to soften of these bad boys.
First you will need
- Hard Lenny & Larrys Cookie(Any Flavor)
- 4 Paper Towels
Now with all of these items in place, this shouldn’t take longer than about 90 seconds before enjoying this culinary epiphany.
- Moisten paper towels and wring out excess water.
- Place moist towels on top of plate NOTE: You’ll want to be sure you have enough paper towels to create a double layer when wrapping around cookie in later steps
- Unwrap lenny & larrys and place on top center of paper towels
- Fold paper towel corners over top of cookie so that it covers it completely
- Place plate with cookie on it in microwave and set cook time for 1 minute
- Adjust power to 60%(Most modern microwaves have power adjustments, just look around your microwave for yours)
- Once the cook cycle ends you are now ready to enjoy
Please Note: This was in no way an advertisement for lenny & larry’s complete cookies. I had a problem and came up with a solution. I hope that this helps the others out there facing this similar dilemma.